What's new

I cannot setup Wireguard on my AX6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pippo_105

New Around Here
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I'm not a real expert but rather a discrete enthusiast. I've been using Asus routers for several years (obviously with Merlin inside) and as a VPN I used OpenVPN which has always been useful to me (despite some annoyances with version changes with relative temporary incompatibilities with old clients). Now that I've purchased a GT-AX6000 I wanted to start using it as a Wireguard server (I use this program on other devices such as raspberry or online servers), but I really can't configure it on my Asus router.
I can't figure out how to configure some parts such as DNS since it doesn't seem like I can do anything during the creation of the .conf . For example, this is the content of the .conf file generated by the router:

Code:
[Interface]
PrivateKey = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Address = 10.6.0.2/32
DNS = 10.6.0.1

[Peer]
PublicKey = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
PresharedKey = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = 192.168.13.107:51820
PersistentKeepalive = 25

is it normal for the DNS to be 10.6.0.1 when I would like to use Google's? And why does it take 192.168.13.107 as an endpoint, which is the WAN address of my router, where instead I would like to insert the IP of my provider (or a NO-IP address or something else)? In reality, with the generated file the client I use connects to the service, but it cannot navigate the Internet or the internal LAN.
PS: obviously port 51820 is open.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!