What's new

I Can't keep Rebooting, Asus intermittent disconnection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ManmohanGill

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone,

Firstly, apologies if this isn't the correct forum, but I believe the issue is driving me insane. Let me describe my network setup first.

I have a GT-AX11000 and RT-AX3000 in my room, connected via a Switch Dual 2.5 Gbps. It's a straightforward setup:

ONT -> Switch -> AX11000 -> AX3000

Everything works fine with the following firmware versions:
- AX11000: Merlin Firmware 3004.388.7 (Primary)
- AX3000: Merlin Firmware 3004.388.6_2 (Secondary)

I am able to surf the net and everything functions normally.

However, randomly (it could be hours, days, or even months apart), I encounter an issue where I am unable to connect to my WiFi anymore. Interestingly, the lights on my Asus AX11000 router appear fine. I've tried unplugging the WAN and plugging it back in, which turns the WAN indicator red, but this doesn't resolve the issue.

The only way I've found to resolve this is by rebooting my Asus router. After rebooting, everything works fine again until the issue reoccurs.

I've checked my logs but haven't been able to identify any issues. I have attached the logs for reference.

to add on my AX11000 was recently replaced by Asus to a Brand New, so I doubt that is the Issue

Thank you for any assistance or advice you can provide.

Hi everyone,

Firstly, apologies if this isn't the correct forum, but I believe the issue is driving me insane. Let me describe my network setup first.

I have a GT-AX11000 and RT-AX3000 in my room, connected via a Switch Dual 2.5 Gbps. It's a straightforward setup:

ONT -> Switch -> AX11000 -> AX3000

Everything works fine with the following firmware versions:
- AX11000: Merlin Firmware 3004.388.7 (Primary)
- AX3000: Merlin Firmware 3004.388.6_2 (Secondary)

I am able to surf the net and everything functions normally.

However, randomly (it could be hours, days, or even months apart), I encounter an issue where I am unable to connect to my WiFi anymore. Interestingly, the lights on my Asus AX11000 router appear fine. I've tried unplugging the WAN and plugging it back in, which turns the WAN indicator red, but this doesn't resolve the issue.

The only way I've found to resolve this is by rebooting my Asus router. After rebooting, everything works fine again until the issue reoccurs.

I've checked my logs but haven't been able to identify any issues. I have attached the logs for reference.

to add on my AX11000 was recently replaced by Asus to a Brand New, so I doubt that is the Issue

Thank you for any assistance or advice you can provide.

Do you have the same issue using stock ASUSWRT firmware?

OE

Yes I actually do, hence the reason why I went to the Asus Service Centre to get the Router Replaced to Rule out the Issue
but it is still happening :(

Yes I actually do, hence the reason why I went to the Asus Service Centre to get the Router Replaced to Rule out the Issue
but it is still happening :(

I would have to Reset the firmware to its defaults and re-commission the router minimally and start testing from there... maybe the leading switch is causing issues. The Log mentions a dongle(?):

Jul 19 23:56:49 rc_service: cfg_server 1349:notify_rc restart_wireless
Jul 19 23:56:49 networkmap: Error unlocking 8: 9 Bad file descriptor
Jul 19 23:56:49 networkmap: Error unlocking 0: 9 Bad file descriptor
Jul 19 23:56:49 kernel: br0: port 6(eth6) entered disabled state
Jul 19 23:56:49 kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) dhd_config_dongle : Dongle is already up

OE

Last edited:
well the firmware is by default nothing has changed, other then using merlin firmware I have even have changed ISP and gotten a new ONT and the Switch is new as well
also there don't seems to be a dongle at all Plugged in.

well the firmware is by default nothing has changed, other then using merlin firmware I have even have changed ISP and gotten a new ONT and the Switch is new as well
also there don't seems to be a dongle at all Plugged in.

You'll have to narrow down the problem... third-party firmware you are not really using, new router(s), new switch, probably new cables... divide and conquor until you find it. I'd start with one router wired direct to ONT and don't build it out until you trust it.

How far apart are your two nodes/APs?

OE

well it has been happening for years, I don't know what causes WAN to be disconnect or stopped working until I reboot, I think I'm finally getting sick of it

also I'm using this : https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1044184/

I get this on asus router page -> "your isp dhcp is not functioning properly"

someone mentioned about mac clone, I just did it, hopefully it fix the issue once and for all....

I get this on asus router page -> "your isp dhcp is not functioning properly"

Common issue with Asus routers, mentioned in many threads. Perhaps ISP equipment incompatibility related, happens on specific ISPs more often then others. Solutions range from settings change through another router (or ISP equipment in router mode when available) in front of the Asus to router replacement with different manufacturer/model. You have to find what works for you, search and experiment with the suggestions.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!