What's new

I have the MOST secure network evaarhh.. WHAT THE... ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Morphy

Occasional Visitor
Dear everyone.

Somehow .. even though I have opened ports to my nas - my laptop.. .. no matter what I do on port forward.. ALL my ports are closed .. even port 80... 21... 22.... ALLL is closed..

I can't OPEN a single port anymore? What is happening?

I have testet dustin of sites to probe my IP address.. shield up... ect.. no firewall enabled.. NADA:: ZIP..

Ports closed... huh!??!!??!

Latest firmware from Merlin installed today.

Rebootet - reset.. all . Even my cable modem has been resetted... opened testet.. ALL is closed. !??!

Spoke to them - they are blocking zip.. .. They told me to call Netgear for support .

My modem is set to bridge mode - then to Asus..

HEEEELP :(

Reset everything you've 'tweaked' to factory defaults and try again (including your OS if you have been messing around in there).

Ok where is what i manage to locate:

1: Portforwarding in the router with the Astrill VPN - dont seems to be working.
2: Portforwarding without the VPN dont work
3: Adding pptp ca.crt and creating a VPN profile for the NAS - Port open without any issues.?
4: Portwarding with port forwarder in Astrill app to nas dont work either.

Port is added to port forwarding rules in router to the nas - but only works when NAS it self is loading vpn profile..

Dont get it.