What's new

I'm confused Asus rt-ax86u pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

freddyjuarez

Regular Contributor
I know which two is my 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz
But I'm confused about the other 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz showing up which I have no clue what their passwords are, Netspot showing them as TP Link Incorporated, also when the channel changes on my 2.4 GHz the channel on the other 2.4 GHz changes to the same channel...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240810-215828.jpg
    Screenshot_20240810-215828.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20240810-215704__01__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20240810-215704__01__01.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20240810-220123.jpg
    Screenshot_20240810-220123.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 55
How exactly have you setup your router? This is either very weird or we're being trolled!

How exactly have you setup your router? This is either very weird or we're being trolled!
IM NOT WASTING MY TIME TO BE TROLLING DID YOU NOT SEE SCREENSHOTS?????

🔵 Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default)

I don't know anything about the two Asus ghz showing up that say TP Link Incorporated except that if I change channels on the actual 2.4 5.0 that belong to me those other two change to same channel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240811-023914__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20240811-023914__01.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 47
More information would be helpful.
What firmware are you running on the router?
What are your WiFi settings?
Are you using Guest Network WiFi?
Are you using the Guest Network Pro feature if using 3.0.0.6.x stock Asus firmware?
Do you have any TP-Link products in the home/location? Like a TP-Link WiFi extender?
Do you have neighbors close by? Could be they're trolling you by using similar SSID's on a TP-Link router/extender.

Change the names of your two wifi networks and see what happens. It's common for external wifi networks to follow others even though they're not connected - in my experience.
Or you have an extender/repeater/hotspot/ap somewhere.
Install a network analyser on an android device and try to find it.

More information would be helpful.
What firmware are you running on the router?
What are your WiFi settings?
Are you using Guest Network WiFi?
Are you using the Guest Network Pro feature if using 3.0.0.6.x stock Asus firmware?
Do you have any TP-Link products in the home/location? Like a TP-Link WiFi extender?
Do you have neighbors close by? Could be they're trolling you by using similar SSID's on a TP-Link router/extender.
Merlin 3004.388.8_2, default Wi-Fi settings, no guests network turned on, no TP-Link stuff at my house, about neighbor yes I have neighbors yes that could be a possibility that they have a TP Link and using Asus as their network name, but I barely setup my router yesterday, I just think it's weird how when my channel changes those other two networks channels also change...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240811-031523__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20240811-031523__01.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20240811-032009__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20240811-032009__01.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 39
Change the names of your two wifi networks and see what happens. It's common for external wifi networks to follow others even though they're not connected - in my experience.
Or you have an extender/repeater/hotspot/ap somewhere.
Install a network analyser on an android device and try to find it.
I live in one story house I don't have any extender, repeater, hotspot etc will NETSPOT work???

Merlin 3004.388.8_2, default Wi-Fi settings, no guests network turned on, no TP-Link stuff at my house, about neighbor yes I have neighbors yes that could be a possibility that they have a TP Link and using Asus as their network name, but I barely setup my router yesterday, I just think it's weird how when my channel changes those other two networks channels also change...
Do you have any sort of AiMesh setup?
Is any of the WiFi devices in the home configured as a hotspot? (if you have kids, check their phones and devices.)
Have you tried using a different WiFi analyzer app or program to confirm or check what NetSpot is indicating?
If you power off the router (and leave it off) do the SSID's in question also disappear?
As already suggested, try changing the SSID names on the router to something other than "Asus" and see what happens.
As a troubleshooting step you could do a hard factory reset and manual reconfigure (do not import a saved router.cfg file) and see if the issue continues.

Last edited:
Do you have any sort of AiMesh setup?
Is any of the WiFi devices in the home configured as a hotspot? (if you have kids, check their phones and devices.)
Have you tried using a different WiFi analyzer app or program to confirm or check what NetSpot is indicating?
If you power off the router (and leave it off) do the SSID's in question also disappear?
As already suggested, try changing the SSID names on the router to something other than "Asus" and see what happens.
As a troubleshooting step you could do a hard factory reset and manual reconfigure (do not import a saved router.cfg file) and see if the issue continues.
No Aimesh, NO Hotspots around here, if I turned off router yes the other two still appear....

Yes I changed my networks to FK OFF 123 AND FK OFF 321 when I was looking at the channels from the two networks in question the channels were different, but when I change back network names to what I had the other 2.4 Ghz in question change to the same channel as my 2.4 Ghz

Do you have any devices that use WiFi for remote control such as Roku?

if I turned off router yes the other two still appear....
If the router is powered off and the two SSID's are still transmitting then something else is likely transmitting. May want to power off all other WiFi capable devices in the home/location to see if one of them is causing the issue.

Yes it's off I haven't looked at netspot until now and both 2.4 GHz Asus are on channel 5 I have no fkn clue who's is the other Asus about to go to all my neighbors lol jk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240812-152928.jpg
    Screenshot_20240812-152928.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 28

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!