What's new

I'm experiencing dropped internet and lower speeds than I expect. What to do?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

v639dragoon

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

I have an rtac68u that I am thinking of replacing. It continuously drops signals around certain times. Also, It does not reach to other rooms of the house. I'm thinking about getting the asus 87u to fix this. However, maybe I just have my settings incorrect (unlikely but possible).

We have over 20 devices connected to it at all times. Does it make sense to upgrade to the 87u?:confused:

Also, would someone we willing to share their settings with me and walk me through it? Also willing to let you remote login to my router if necessary and I see it fit. If needed, I will pay.

Thanks in advance!

Is that 20 connected and in continuous use ? I have a wrt54g with DD-wrt that would get squirrely once the client table would fill up, clients disconnect, new clients connect. A reboot would fix it for a few hours then repeat. Finally just set it up to do a reboot every hour or two, cleared the table and cache out, never had a problem after that.
Are you using both 2.4 and 5 clients ?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!