What's new

Import lease list to dnsmasq.conf.add

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vandriver

Regular Contributor
Afternoon,

Is there a command or script I can run on the router while connected over SSH (AC86U with latest Merlin), that will add the current full lease list into a formatted list in dnsmasq.conf.add?

Thanks

Or even better, if I need to nuke the router to factory settings, how can I stop network devices connecting and obtaining new/different ip's?

I never really thought about this until I had to reset a router the other day and although I have a list in dnsmasq.conf.add, it wasn't loaded yet as the router was still in default settings, so loads of devices connected to the router and obtained new ip's and I now cant use the conf file I had as it would just cause loads of ip conflicts lol

I never really thought about this until I had to reset a router the other day and although I have a list in dnsmasq.conf.add, it wasn't loaded yet as the router was still in default settings, so loads of devices connected to the router and obtained new ip's and I now cant use the conf file I had as it would just cause loads of ip conflicts lol
Enable your custom dnsmasq.conf.add and reboot the router. By your own experience the devices will reconnect and be forced to pickup their new IP addresses.

Enable your custom dnsmasq.conf.add and reboot the router. By your own experience the devices will reconnect and be forced to pickup their new IP addresses.
I have no idea why this never occurred to me lol. Still on a learning curve I guess. Okay, so moving forward, I will just do this in future. Thanks again man.