What's new

Installed new AC56U and now my printer won't connect via wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

speedlever

Regular Contributor
I'm tired of fiddling with this. Been working it for hours to no avail.

Samsung M2880FW laser printer worked fine on the old N66U as a wireless printer. I set a static IP for it (outside the DHCP pool). When I setup the new AC56U router, I copied that same info into the static IP list. But my Samsung printer won't connect for some reason. If I connect an ethernet cable, it picks up the assigned IP and prints fine. Even prints from a wifi client (ipad).

But I don't get the blue wifi-connected light and it won't connect unless I keep the ethernet cable attached. I printed the network configuration page and saw the IP assignment was in the 169.254.x.x range which is NOT what I set in the router. After connecting the ethernet cable, I ran another config page and now it shows the correct static IP assignment.

My brain is tired and I'm out of ideas. It has to be something simple, but I'm stumped at the moment.

Any thoughts?

Samsung printer? Reset it to defaults and try again.

I did. Or at least I reset the network defaults on the printer. No time to work it right now, but will again later.

Meanwhile, back on the old thread about the ac56u, more developments.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!