What's new

Installing UU game booster on the router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iopq

New Around Here
I've seen people trying to remove it from their router, but I'm trying to actually install it even though I don't have it. Is it possible to do this on merlin?

As far as I'm aware this is a feature for the Chinese Market only. The only way I know of to get it outside China is to fiddle with the nvram settings - not recommended for legal reasons.

Interesting to see that Asus have partnered with a company (NetEase) that openly promotes the illegal use of Asus/Merlin firmware on non-Asus hardware. But then I guess there's nothing they can really do (or want to do) against one of the largest internet companies in the world with a history of copyright violation. I guess the Chinese market is so huge it doesn't bother them so long as they're selling hardware.

but I'm trying to actually install it

It's part of the firmware. If your router is Asia model with Region option in Wireless, Professional - setting it to China will show UU in GUI. Will it work outside China though - unknown. If your router is EU/US/CA etc. model with no Region in settings - you can't have it (in an easy way, at least).

Just out of curiosity, what are you hoping to gain by using UU?

As far as I'm aware this is a feature for the Chinese Market only. The only way I know of to get it outside China is to fiddle with the nvram settings - not recommended for legal reasons.
I am in China and it's a Chinese model, but I don't have a Region in my settings at all, and when I SSH into the router that part is completely empty
Just out of curiosity, what are you hoping to gain by using UU?
Games are slow when connecting to people in Japan or Korea

I am in China and it's a Chinese model, but I don't have a Region in my settings at all, and when I SSH into the router that part is completely empty

Games are slow when connecting to people in Japan or Korea
What router model?

What firmware release?

There's a reason you're seeing users wanting to remove UU and none wanting to install it.
Don't sweat it, it's probably not worth it.
Your router has come from outside China, so using it would (probably) breach local regulations anyway.