What's new

Internet Traffic Meter - Custom Scale

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elbubi

Regular Contributor
Hi.

Please don't jump to my neck for asking this 😁.
I know its a sensible topic and that it has been discussed many times (I searched before posting).

What I want to know about this meter located on Network Map/System Status, is not if we can select a fixed measure unit (which would be great btw), but if the scale can be selected anyhow, so that it reflects the actual percentage of our ISP provided speeds.

Internet Traffic 2.jpg

ie: 59MB is not 50% of my internet DL, nor 3MB is 30% of my upload speed

Sorry if it has been asked before or if I'm just delirious 🙏

Last edited:
If QoS is enabled, it will use your upload and download settings as the maximums, otherwise it starts with 100 MB and grows from there.

Thanks for your wisdom Dave.
I have no QoS enabled, so I have that growing 100MB scale.
In my uploaded pic, DL seems to have an 100MB scale, but UL seem to be set at 9/10 though.

Cheers and thanks once again.

Just remember to multiply those numbers by 8 to convert from Bytes to Bits for comparison with ISP bandwidth. I really never looked at those graphs because I don't think about my bandwidth utilization in terms of megabytes.

Thanks Dave.

Thats exactly why I would like to have an actual % of bandwith, so to avoid the "x8" done mentally 😅
What I meant in previous post is that according to my pic, DL bar seems to have indeed a 100MB scale, but UL seems to be like 10MB (so they aren't both set at 100MB as initial scale).

Thanks once again.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!