What's new

invalid ip address at asuscomm.com

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blairclaude

New Around Here
Hey guys, just switched to Bell Fibe (Videotron was old provider)

I am getting a invalid Ip address when connecting my
Create your domain name via the ASUS DDNS services.

Receiving 192.168.2.10 from Bell router is that the reason

Regards guys.

Claude

Hey guys, just switched to Bell Fibe (Videotron was old provider)

I am getting a invalid Ip address when connecting my
Create your domain name via the ASUS DDNS services.

Receiving 192.168.2.10 from Bell router is that the reason

Regards guys.

Claude

That's indeed because Bell's modem is also a router. Unfortunately, most of the garbage Bell provides these days (such as the 2wire) won't even let you turn the modem into bridged mode to let you use your own router :(

Some models can be put into what they call "Super DMZ" mode, which might do the trick - in that case remove the PPPoE settings from the modem, and configure it inside the RT-N66U itself instead. See if the RT-N66U is able to successfully establish a PPPoE connection.

Back when Bell were only using ADSL2+ it was easy to buy your own third-party modem (my Bell 2wire spent 5 mins on my desk, and the next year in its original box in my closet, until I decided I decided to leave Bell for Teksavvy Cable). Unfortunately you probably have their VDSL2+ service (that's the case if you have the 10 Mbits upload speed), where you are stuck with their provided modem.

Have a look on the Bell forums at DSLReports, someone might have a workaround for your specific modem model - it's been a while since I've kept track of that.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!