What's new

iOS and iPad wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jimlynnjulian

New Around Here
Hi,

Does anyone know of any routers that can be used with an iPad without needing a PC to do setup, i.e. straight out of the box?
I have an iPad and a 30Mbps cable modem connection but no laptop or desktop.
The last time I connected, I had to buy an old Thinkpad for the sole purpose of setting up the Dlink DIR-850L router I was using.
I've seen an add for the Skiva Cloud easy/cheap solution but am wondering if there is anything better, especially something with USB storage access.

Thanks,
Jim J.

I thought all current Asus, Netgear and Linksys routers can be setup with a tablet?

All that is really needed is a web browser.

Hi,

Does anyone know of any routers that can be used with an iPad without needing a PC to do setup, i.e. straight out of the box?
I have an iPad and a 30Mbps cable modem connection but no laptop or desktop.
The last time I connected, I had to buy an old Thinkpad for the sole purpose of setting up the Dlink DIR-850L router I was using.
I've seen an add for the Skiva Cloud easy/cheap solution but am wondering if there is anything better, especially something with USB storage access.

Thanks,
Jim J.

I use an ASUS router (RT-N66U) that can be setup with an ipad, but I haven't figured out how to update the routers firmware with an ipad, so that would definitely be a problem.

Linksys routers with smart wifi firmware cannot be setup with an ipad. But you can update the router's firmware using an ipad.