What's new

iOS6 wifi problems with Netgear or Belkin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brucet9

New Around Here
I bought an iPhone 5, which of course uses iOS6. It works great on my D-Link 601 router, but throughput in certain rooms of my house is less than 10% of throughput near the router, so I want to upgrade.

From reviews here, the best candidates to get good throughput at 45 feet through a floor and two walls are Belkin 750N+ and Netgear WNDR 4000.

Has anyone used iOS6 devices with those routers? I'd hate to spend $100 for a new router that won't work with my newest wifi client.

Thanks

I found that iPhone5 has much better performance on a 5.8Ghz 80211n router but it also tends to roam to the 2.4Ghz radio if you let it.

So I recommend a dual band router like the ESR750H

http://www.keenansystems.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_31&products_id=361

and to use a different SSID for both radios.

Then only connect to the 5.8Ghz SSID with your iPhone5 you will get the fastest connection and never have issues.