What's new

IPTV with Asus aimesh help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

foszlock

New Around Here
Hi!

I recwntly switched from a Deco M4 (2pcs) to an ROG GT AX-6000 and TUF ax-4200 combination and this is where the problem starts. My ISP modem is connectod to the ROG 6000 and that is connected to the TUF 4200 via ethernet cable enabling wired backhaul and aimesh. My isp box is connected to the TUF 4200, but the TV is dead silent, there is nothing visible (everything else is working fine on the tv, so I have internet on it).

What I've tried:
Enable IPTV for the rog 6000 on lan4 where the tuf ax4200 is connected (the isp set top box is also connected to lan4 on the tuf ax4200). When I do this the aimesh is no longer visible and I can only see the rog 6000 (the tuf ax 4200 is now not shown connected) and also no effect on the TV. When i disable this the aimesh connects once again.
Does someany has an idea how to fix this or if it is even possible?

You'll probably need to state what country you are in and what the equipment you are using is. Some IPTV systems will need to connect directly to the main router, not a node, and others may need to be reset (wiping access to recording) to switch them out of their IPTV-VLAN mode!
*I suspect you are not going to able to run both IPTV (via VLAN) and AiMesh, over the same ethernet cable!

You'll probably need to state what country you are in and what the equipment you are using is. Some IPTV systems will need to connect directly to the main router, not a node, and others may need to be reset (wiping access to recording) to switch them out of their IPTV-VLAN mode!
*I suspect you are not going to able to run both IPTV (via VLAN) and AiMesh, over the same ethernet cable!
I'm located in Hungary, and my ISP is Telekom and the device (ISP modem)is: Sagemcom.
The previously used Deco m4 worked perfectly. I had the modem connected to the main deco, and that was connected to the node deco. Since the deco has only 2 ports the node was connected to a tp-link switch which was connected to the set top box and the TV, and it worked perfectly. Should I try something with the switch?

If you didn't need to use the IPTV settings on the Deco then I doubt you'd need to use them now! I presume you've changed the IP settings on the Sagemcom box to reflect the IP setup of the new router? And would you lose anything by performing a full reset of the Sagemcom box?

If you didn't need to use the IPTV settings on the Deco then I doubt you'd need to use them now! I presume you've changed the IP settings on the Sagemcom box to reflect the IP setup of the new router? And would you lose anything by performing a full reset of the Sagemcom box?
I'm not aware of making any changes. I think I had to enable a specific setting on the Deco like iptv/lan or iptv/wan or something like this, but after that it was working fine. I can try to reset the modem. But really what concers me if asus is cable of what the deco was which was a much more cheaper product. Do you know if aimesh and iptv can run at the same time?