What's new

Ipv6 for Netgear Orbi?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RedBatman89

Regular Contributor
Hi so I have recently gotten my Netgear orbi RBK23 for my house recently and I have liked it so far. I had to get it since my second modem in my house had been turned off by Comcast and had no other way of getting a wired connection to my desktop.

Now the issue I have been seem to getting as well as some others users I have seen is the ipv6 failing from time to time and not working, of course oddly today it was my ipv4 that suddenly stopped working. But be as it may I'm wondering whats causing this issue. I have ipv6 enabled and set to auto config. Is there something else I need to do to fix it? Or is it firmware related?

IIRC, Comcast has a broken IPv6 implementation and Netgear doesn't work around it. It is better to disable IPv6 for the moment

If you're on Comcast, I would set the type of connection to "DHCP", not "auto config". Then it should work fine for you.

Comcast IPv6 has been working fine here for years, by the way. It's up all the time.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online