What's new

Is it possible to BLOCK PC's by IP range?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Schnitter

New Around Here
On my two previous routers, I had this rule that would block internet access to IP's in range of 192.168.1.100-190 every day after 9 p.m.

I then assigned my computer static *.191 as ways to block access to all other computers after 9 p.m.

The problem I have now is, it seems Stock/Merlin firmware doesn't give incremental IP addresses (seems to just slap any computer an IP at random) and I see no place where to set rules for IP ranges. It only lets me create rules for individual IP addresses. And the other problem with is, I have most of the computers connected through another router in "Repeater Bridge" mode, so I cannot even see the individual IP addresses of the connected deviecs to create individual rules for.

I've explained the problem in this thread (but got no help) http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66w-mac-filter-problems-on-bridged-computers.25329/

Thanks.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online