What's new

Is it possible to have a 4TB drive shared with Samba with Asuswrt-Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Qutrit

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I a having troubles to share with samba a 4TB USB drive. with the factory firmware it seems that the shared drives (formatted at 4TB and recognized as such by the ASUS firmware web interface) are assigned the wrong size in all the computers that access them. Both ina MAc and in a Windows PC the shared unit is identified as 2TB instead of 4TB.

I wouldn't' like to partition the drive in two and I am not sure what to do and if it is even possible to get that with mu AC-5300 router, but I was wondering if Merlin may be able to be configured to create the network drives that are identified with the right capacity.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I solved the problem installing Merlin. Apparently the factory firmware runs an older version of Samba that does not support 4TB per partition....

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online