What's new

Is it safe to install Gnuton on my TUF3000V2 router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lenovomen

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

How reliable is the Gnuton firmware? Is it safe to use? Is it as good as regular Merlin? Are there no weaknesses? Are other people using it? Can I install it on my router?

I do not know this version. Can the developer be trusted?

One can, if they haven't already, see the main GNUton release thread for discussion on the firmware:

One can, if they haven't done so already, use the forum search to find the various past discussions on GNUton firmware. One can then decide for themselves if the firmware is safe to use or appropriate for their use case. Example search:
https://www.snbforums.com/search/12...t&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=42&o=relevance

And one can see the GNUton GitHub page(s) and review the firmware code changes that have been made for themselves along with issues and discussions:

Last edited: