What's new

Issue with RAX45/50 router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kmbagpipes

New Around Here
I could really use a hand if anyone is able to help!

I have a Netgear router I picked up a few years ago that mostly stopped working about a week ago. We lost internet on all devices wired and wireless. I could still see the 2.5ghz and 5ghz SSIDs, but that was all. Power cycled first just the router and then modem and router in order, but no change. No response from the web ui on the router, but the leds light up in order and it detects when a cable is plugged in.

I tried a factory reset a few times, but there doesn't seem to be any response from the reset button, and the same SSIDs are broadcasting, so I know it's not doing the reset. I tried re-flashing the firmware through Windows with tftp and nmrpflash, but no luck there.

I was able to get a serial connection and successfully re-flashed the latest firmware through CFE, but nothing changed. I noticed after a power cycle that the router broke out to CFE without any interaction from me. I didn't think it was supposed to do that but I'm not too familiar with it, I've only used it a couple of times, but it makes me wonder if the startup sequence is completing.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Should I worry that the reset button doesn't seem to be working, or could that also be due to the device maybe not starting up all the way? I do have a capture of the serial output from the last time I started it if that might help, I'll attach it.

Attachments

• startup.txt
    11 KB · Views: 9