What's new

Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

virgo

New Around Here
I've been using the Mac Airport Express but I keep loosing the signal, my provider Comcast told me to get a linksys. What are your thoughts?

It's certainly possible that your AP is failing and the wireless transmitter is getting bad and becoming intermittent/flaky. But more likely would be something that's causing interference with the signal. Microwave oven, wireless phone, baby monitor and or other wireless AP's in the direct vicinity. If interference is the cause of the problem you will most likely have the same problem no matter what brand of wireless equipment you're using.

I've been using the Mac Airport Express but I keep loosing the signal, my provider Comcast told me to get a linksys. What are your thoughts?
Have you done process-of-elimination testing to decide if the Airport or the client is at fault?