What's new

Issues setting up Sonos Library under SMB2 - not enough credits

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Linke Loetje

New Around Here
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. So not sure if this is the proper way and location to post this question. Since the new update of the Sonos app and with the local music library running as SMB2 I can't get the Sonos app to index a large music database on a Samsung T7 SSD connected directly to my RT-AX88U. The size of the database is well below the maximum size for Sonos. At some point into the indexing process the log of my RT-AX88U says that the requested number of (SMB2) credits was too small. The router then blocks traffic and the Sonos app then gives an error message saying that the device is no longer available. The requested number of credits depends on how many times I to index the folder; a second time involves an even lower number of requested credits. An hour on the phone with tech support from Sonos didn't lead to any solutions. So on the Sonos side of things I don't expect much (and even less since their new app). I was hoping that on the Asus / Merlin side of the question there may be a solution? Who could help me out? (I'm running the latest release version of Merlin)

Last edited:
Yes, I did find others mentioning this issue, but those posts were from before the latest major update by Sonos. So I was hoping there would be a solution related to this new development. In the earlier posts I don't come across a solution.

BTW: with 'Release' I assumed I was referring to which version of the software I was using :). Tnx for correcting me on that.