What's new

It is possible to use TOR in VPN Director?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tor uh oh you’re using the scary dark web. (Sarcasm)

What do you mean outside the lan. I assume you mean to setup a tor client on router so certain devices are directed to use Tor instead of straight WAN.

Or do you mean to tunnel from Tor into your router to access your Lan remotely. This I have no idea about.

Tor uh oh you’re using the scary dark web. (Sarcasm)

What do you mean outside the lan. I assume you mean to setup a tor server so certain devices are directed to use Tor instead of straight WAN.

Or do you mean to tunnel from Tor into your router to access your Lan remotely. This I have no idea about.
I want is that when i connect out the LAN it will keep connected to the vpn + tor network. From LAN i have connected to a VPN + Tor, i need the combo outside the local network.

I want is that when i connect out the LAN it will keep connected to the vpn + tor network. From LAN i have connected to a VPN + Tor, i need the combo outside the local network.

Okay so I think I understand. You want to use Tor, but you either want to add a vpn encryption to tor or hide that your using tor with a vpn from your isp or government.

IMG_0312.jpeg

You can use Tor to send to lan or specific devices Mac’s

But vpn director does not support tor. At least as far as I’m aware via the web gui.

You can run a vpn first then run tor from the client pc and use vpn director to direct that MAC address to the vpn. Or vise versa tor first then vpn client. But you’re still going to expose that you’re using Tor once it leave the vpn / tor endpoints. Which might be fine if you want to hide from your isp or others. But not both together from asus.

Certainly you could bridge multiple devices together or virtually to make that work but it’s not a simple way to go about it.

Router client vpn -> proxmox -> vm (tor) to second bridge on second adapter in vm <- back to proxmox -> another virtualized bridge -> second router or another vm or eth pc and have a client vpn on that. (Maybe a overly complicated way of going about that)

Last edited:
Okay so I think I understand. You want to use Tor, but you either want to add a vpn encryption to tor or hide that your using tor with a vpn from your isp or government.

View attachment 60055

You can use Tor to send to lan or specific devices Mac’s

But vpn director does not support tor. At least as far as I’m aware via the web gui.

You can run a vpn first then run tor from the client pc and use vpn director to direct that MAC address to the vpn. But your still going to expose that your using Tor.
And any way to do this combo as i want?

And any way to do this combo as i want?

That’s a question for @RMerlin . Off the top of my head no. They would likely conflict without some kind of user script and I’m the wrong person to ask for that.

Doubt it, as Asuswrt's Tor routing is purely handled on a MAC basis, while any VPN handled by VPNDirector (which is Wireguard or OpenVPN only) are IP-based.

Doubt it, as Asuswrt's Tor routing is purely handled on a MAC basis, while any VPN handled by VPNDirector (which is Wireguard or OpenVPN only) are IP-based.
And any way to do this combo as i want? Use vpn + tor out of the LAN?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!