What's new

IVMS-4200 on windows computer, trouble adding remote camera

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xlarge

Regular Contributor
After a lot of trouble with egde with ie-tab after failure in edge update (through whole world), I tried to use ivms-4200 instead, but adding my remote camera, I couldn't get it online.

I am online with the other network (300 km away) with OpenVPN and client1.

After negativ support from Hikvision (they will not help me), I try to ask here.

Is it not possible to use ivms-4200 on windows 10 pro installing remote camera (router home 192.168.10.1, remote camera 192.168.1.62)?
I had no problem with ivms-4200 config and startup, but maybe I have misunderstood where I should use user and password.

Step: I ceated a new super user with password (needed to login later).
When add camera I gave it a new name and correct ip number. Port 8443 came up automatic, TLS and I used one of my old operator user with password *). Then the camera show up in ivms-4200 but Offline. (One popup: Invalid certificate (iVMS-4200 Device Manager).

*) I have also tried to use one of my user from VPN server setup with pw without any luck.

Spite a new edge update fixed the ie-tab trouble I would like to try ivms-4200 both on windows and on my ipad. On my ipad I use today ivms-4500 but with very poor quality.

What can be the failure?

iVMS-4200V3.11.1.7_E. Camera DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY bouht from autorized Hikvision dealer in Norway.