What's new

Just bought a R8500 and having huge issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wsarahan

Guys how are you?

I bought the R8500, when I finish configuring it or even when I'm making changes and the router reboots the wan light becomes just red and I can't do nothing..... The only way to the router come back to life is a hard reset, and it happens again and again

I'm with the latest fw from the site 1.0.2.106

Anyone already saw that? What should I do?

Thanks

Guys how are you?

I bought the R8500, when I finish configuring it or even when I'm making changes and the router reboots the wan light becomes just red and I can't do nothing..... The only way to the router come back to life is a hard reset, and it happens again and again

I'm with the latest fw from the site 1.0.2.106

Anyone already saw that? What should I do?

Thanks

Try to upload firmware using TFTP:

https://kb.netgear.com/22688/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP

Voxel.

Hardware configurations are almost the same. Software support by ASUS (and availability of Merlin's builds) is better.

Voxel.

Voxel thanks so much for helping

I have only one more question

Testing the Rt-ac5300 and the R8500 the 5Ghz range was very low, they had the same range I can say, is there any way at the configuration that can make my 5ghz range goes better or if I already tried with 2 routers and the results was the same is something related to my house or wifi interference with neighborhood?

Tks again

Voxel thanks so much for helping

I have only one more question

Testing the Rt-ac5300 and the R8500 the 5Ghz range was very low, they had the same range I can say, is there any way at the configuration that can make my 5ghz range goes better or if I already tried with 2 routers and the results was the same is something related to my house or wifi interference with neighborhood?

Tks again

You can try general tips/hints from NETGEAR, like:

https://kb.netgear.com/25182/Resolving-poor-5GHz-wireless-range-signal-from-my-NETGEAR-router

But my opinion is that if you want good range and coverage you should use additional APs. Minus of this is that it requires additional investments (money) :)

Voxel.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!