What's new

Lan port 3 & 4 not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

minhgi

Regular Contributor
I noticed that my LAN port 3 and 4 no longer work when plugin a network wire into AC5300. It have been on RMerlin since 380.57 and now on 380.61. Usually the other end of the wire is connected to my PC and get a led indicator to see if it is on. Using the same wire, LAN port 1 & 2 get the lights, but port 3 & 4 do not. In the Tool tab, status report on 3 and 4 link as down / on VLAN 1. Anyone had have this issue before and how was it gotten resolved.

Also I am not using IPTV setup. Hopefully those ports are not hardware dead.

Try moving cables around first, and then swap out old cables for something new...

cables generally fail first before ports do - in most cases.

Try moving cables around first, and then swap out old cables for something new...

Or it could be a legit h/w fault. in binary count port 1=oo, port 2=01, port 3=10, prot 4=11, in another word binary number 0, 1, 2, 3. Most significant bit is not setting = unable to address port 3 and 4. Seen it happen.