What's new

Linksys 4200v2 Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NismoZ

Occasional Visitor
I noticed that loading facebook feeds on both of our Galaxy S5s was starting to be an issue. Also, navigating through Xbox One pages became slow along with viewing videos on youtube on Xbox One. First I tried resetting the cable modem. Nothing changed. Then tried switching the Xbox from the 5GHz channel to the 2.4GHz channel, nothing changed. When I power cycled my router, everything was fast again.

Question: Can a router function normal, then after a week or so, start to slow down? Like maybe it can't dish out as many simultaneous connections as it used to? It this a sign that my router is going south?

If it's more than a couple of years old, the AC Adapter might be going south, they tend to get current limited after a spell...

Older linksys software had an issue where uPnP would leak memory after a while, and get to a point where the device had to be power cycled to clear things up - check the admin page and see if the checkbox is selected, try disabling it and see if things persist.

This could be a sign that the unit is starting to fail physically, but may just also be a predicament of lackluster stock firmware. If you're up for flashing, perhaps it's an opportune time to give shibby's Tomato (or AdvancedTomato, nicer GUI) a shot. I've used it numerous times to breath life into our little Broadcom friends. :) Good luck.

This could be a sign that the unit is starting to fail physically, but may just also be a predicament of lackluster stock firmware. If you're up for flashing, perhaps it's an opportune time to give shibby's Tomato (or AdvancedTomato, nicer GUI) a shot. I've used it numerous times to breath life into our little Broadcom friends. :) Good luck.

If things were working fine - I would stick with the factory firmware...

Going with third-parties - pretty much going off the range and support here...

sfx

Except the e4200v2 is a Marvell chipset router and there is no third part firmware for it.