What's new

Linksys E4200 Signal Pattern - upstairs or down?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

trek_520

Regular Contributor
Hi -

I am going to install a new E4200 in my house can can put it on the lower lever or up high in a in the ceiling tray, both near the center of house. if I put it up high should I point it upside down? Does it work the same vertical or horizontal?

Thanks

I don't really know the answer to your question. But I just installed this same one over the weekend. I chose to put it in my basement/center of my house (2700 sq ft per floor). I have excellent signal / throughput on both 2.4 and 5 throughout my entire home. Results will very, but worked out well for me.

The antennas in the router are omnidirectional. So picture a sphere with the router at the center.
Place the router as central as possible, in all directions, to the area you want to cover