What's new

Linksys offering refunds for WRT1900AC cannot offer OpenWrt support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Seems to be on a case-by-case basis...

Most folks bought the WRT1900ac based on the merits of the factory firmware...

just saying...

This gives me a bad feeling, flat out refunds, not good. I'm up in the air, would like the option of putting DD or open in it at some point. I might take it back to BB tomorrow for an R7000. Just when I thought I was done having to pick and choose for a while. I might order an edge router lite seeing as how I had to add that tp-link switch in anyway and maybe just reuse my linksys ap. Glad I kept the box.

I contacted Linksys about WRT1900AC rebates. Here is the response:

The OP is talking about online and physical stores giving refunds. I don't think there would be any need to contact linksys if you want a refund. Unless of course you bought it from Linksys' online store.

The OP is talking about online and physical stores giving refunds. I don't think there would be any need to contact linksys if you want a refund. Unless of course you bought it from Linksys' online store.
The OP also said
They have been notified by Belkin/Linksys about this.
This implied that refunds were official Belkin / Linksys policy.

I asked Linksys if they had changed general policy on the WRT1900AC. Their response says no.

Online retailers and physical stores have been notified. That is why you are seeing people get refunds. Linksys is also doing it if you bought it directly from them. They wont issue a press release or sticky on their own forums. Probably from fear many will just send them back regardless or on principal alone. Since they cannot deliver on OpenWrt. I called my local Best Buy where I got it from about 3 weeks ago. I am free to return it past the 15 days since no OpenWrt can be fully supported. Its advertised on the box as we all know. So, its a bold face lie and denial Linksys saying they have not notified retailers. They are trying to keep it hush hush for minimal returns.

Last edited:
Seems to be on a case-by-case basis...

Right. That post #650 comes from escalation and is specifically for THIS customer. It does not indicate a global policy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I contacted both my Belkin POC's and they know nothing about giving refunds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow the router is advertised as open source ready all over their web page! So I guess you can argue the point its not working as advertised...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!