What's new

Linksys wrt610n usb nas itunes server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jascha311

New Around Here
My setup:

- WRT610N (latest firmware) 2.4GHZ G only (N not being used yet)
- 1TB Western Digital My Book NTFS (via router USB port)
- 1 HP Laptop (vista) wifi a/b/g
- 1 Toshiba Laptop (vista) wifi a/b/g
- PS3 (ethernet)

From what i've read on the Linksys forums, I will have to format the WD drive back to FAT32 in order to use it for iTunes, right now I can not see the files I transfered from my laptop via USB.

My hopes are that I can store all my iTunes files on the WD NAS and share the files via wifi to the 2 laptops. I am able to see and connect to the NAS but, if I try to delete folders via wifi, i get permission errors.

Has anyone tried and be successful at setting this up? Thanks!

Jascha311

As far as deleting folders, I have a WRT600N, that has a 500GB HD hanging off the USB port that is formatted NTFS, I can't delete folders that have something in them, if I delete the contents of them first, I can then delete the empty folder. Don't know why,might be a firmware issue.