What's new

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OOo

Regular Contributor
When I do a firmware update or reset my AC68 router I always have trouble logging back in either wireless or hard wired.

Is there a trick to login? Eventually (after like 15 minutes trying) I somehow log in not knowing what I did differently.

I type the 192.168.1.1 or asus.router.com and I get the following:

Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC68R.
To access the settings of RT-AC68R, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

Depending on the FW build you're running, if you haven't done a factory reset and have carried your router settings forward to the newly updated firmware, you could reset the router and reconfigure all those settings from scratch, which should result in the new firmware being rid of any problems carried over from before. It can take a while for a new build to 'settle down.

15 minutes can be a long time to wait, but if you perform a factory default reset, and then remove the router from power for say 10 minutes before plugging it back in and restarting to reconfigure, it shouldn't give you any trouble. The newer firmware builds are more complex and take longer to adjust when first applied, at least that's the sense I get from reading in the Merlin forum. Cheers.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!