What's new

Lose much with AC1200?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 28741

Will I lose much if I buy an AC1200 router compared with a 1750 or 1900 model?

I know the upper ranger models have more power but as an average home user will I see any difference?

It seems an economical route for me to get into the dual band / Ac Territory.

I'm thinking of the Asus AC56U... But will the lack of external aerials cause a drop in performance?

You need 3x3 AC devices (AC1750 or AC1900 class) to take full advantage of similarly classed routers.

Internal vs. external antennas isn't the key to higher performance.

More powerful processors can improve performance. So look for "second generation" Broadcom models. The AC56U has one. Now that the price has come down to more reasonable levels, it would be a decent choice.

You need 3x3 AC devices (AC1750 or AC1900 class) to take full advantage of similarly classed routers.

Internal vs. external antennas isn't the key to higher performance.

More powerful processors can improve performance. So look for "second generation" Broadcom models. The AC56U has one. Now that the price has come down to more reasonable levels, it would be a decent choice.

Thanks very much :)

It is really hard to choose with so many good models on offer. WHat I want does not always conform to what I need!