What's new

Lumia 550 not connecting to WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Deepcuts

Regular Contributor
Hello,

Bought a Lumia 550 for my mother and it seems the phone has some problems.
It is the first Windows phone I fiddled with so far and I must say I am not impressed with Windows Mobile O.S.

The problem
Using Asus RT-AC68U with different names for 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands. Lumia 550 cannot connect to any 5 Ghz networks.
Several times a day, the phone looses WiFi connection and no matter what tricks I try, it does not connect without a phone restart. After a restart, the phone connects to the WiFi without any problems.
Things I tried: disable and enable WiFi, turn on Plane Mode, restarting the router and deleting/recreating the WiFi profile on the phone.
The phone has the latest updates installed.
All other devices are working just fine on the WiFi network. Phones and laptops.
Browsing the web it seems many users are having similar problems with their Lumia phones.

Question
Anyone knows a permanent fix for this problem?

Maybe try an OS update? Or even a beta build.

After months of this problem

I THINK I HAVE SOLVED IT. finally

simply go to wifi then wifi sense and turn off "connect to suggested open hotspots"

also turn off "connect to networks shared by my contacts"

i have had this problem for ages losing wifi connection sometimes 6 times a day

since i turned these setting off it has not happened i am only on day 2 though so its still a theory

good luck

Mike

p.s sorry about grammar and spellings

Not sure if you mentioned it or not - Windows Phone OS doesn't work very well with hidden SSID's...