What's new

MAC Spoofing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

trauts14

Occasional Visitor
If i have my router/ WAP set to only allow my computer (MAC address) on the network, then how can a "bad guy" find my MAC address to spoof his? I guess if my MAC addy is transmited then the bad guy could copy it and change his MAC addy so the router thinks the bad guy is actually me? Am i correct in thinking this? I wasn't sure how the hacker could even find my MAC address to copy it.

If i have my router/ WAP set to only allow my computer (MAC address) on the network, then how can a "bad guy" find my MAC address to spoof his? I guess if my MAC addy is transmited then the bad guy could copy it and change his MAC addy so the router thinks the bad guy is actually me? Am i correct in thinking this? I wasn't sure how the hacker could even find my MAC address to copy it.
MAC addresses should not be part of a security solution. Too easy to counterfeit and masquerade.