What's new

Manhattan 1200AC Router Model 525480 as Access Point?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stevero

New Around Here
I picked up this Manhattan 1200AC Router (Model 525480) used for $35 (couldn't resist). :rolleyes:

I am using another router as the primary - a verizon provided dlink dsl modem with router - using the dlink as firewall and to set dhcp for the whole network. I then have 2 other wireless routers set up as access points at opposite ends of the house.

All is working well except I cannot log into the Manhattan router. I am not using the Manhattan wan port and have dhcp and firewall disabled in the Manhattan settings. Both wired and wireless connected devices connected to the Manhattan seem to operate correctly and the dlink has assigned an address to the Manhattan (192.168.1.9, the out of the box address for the Manhattan was 192.168.2.1). I try to log into 192.168.1.9 from chrome and I get "... could not connect ..." Help :(

Only the WAN side of a router knows how to get an address via DHCP. The router IP (LAN side) itself must be reset manually.

My guess is that it is still 192.168.2.1. Set a machine manually to 192.168.2.xxx and try to reach it. Then you can set the LAN IP manually to one outside the D-Link's DHCP range.

I always keep one management machine static IP with a 255.255.0.0 netmask and I always set my waps with a static IP that is out of the dhcp range.

Stevero... I am wondering how you or anyone else likes this particular router. I never heard of it until just yesterday when a client of mine told me that's what he is using. I am asking because I am just about to send him 2 VoIP phones to test so I am hoping the router is good. Any feedback would be great.

I picked up this Manhattan 1200AC Router (Model 525480) used for $35 (couldn't resist). :rolleyes:
(

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!