What's new

manually port forwariding 2 xbox

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

connorm

well this all started because DHCP on the router failed to do its job properly, i have my xbox as 192.168.1.101 and my pc pat 192.168.1.100, randomly router would give pc 192.168.1.101, it is retarded but i told merlin and he didnt seem to have anything to say about it, my fix to this was manually entering static ip to xbox so it would not alow the router to give it another ip other then what i have assigned (since it keeps trying to), that fixed my dhcp issue i was having, but created another, when i manually entered network settings on xbox it seemed to not work with upnp anymore, nat was strict for no reason, manually forward port 3074, worked fine, then my brother xbox 192.168.1.102 also had open nat through upnp just like he used to (it set up a port forwarding rule for 19059), then next day, even tho i had 3074 manually forwarded (rule was still applied) the router just magically decided to forward 3074 for my brothers xbox aswell and then not give it back to me even tho in the port forwarding tab it showed it being forwarded to both consoles (mine first), so i turn upnp off and connected him to another router with dif ip, (i have 2 dynamic ip's and a switch), but now he moved across the house and the asus 5g network is the best to use for clear signal for gaming, i manually forwarded him 19059 and left upnp off due to previous issues, and it changed nothing, he has moderate nat with or without the forwarded port, if someone can explain why he gets open nat when 19059 is forwarded via upnp but not when via port forwarding, i would love to know why the frack the router acts like this, im thinking of just getting a new d link this is driving me crazy

well this all started because DHCP on the router failed to do its job properly, i have my xbox as 192.168.1.101 and my pc pat 192.168.1.100, randomly router would give pc 192.168.1.101, it is retarded but i told merlin and he didnt seem to have anything to say about it, my fix to this was manually entering static ip to xbox so it would not alow the router to give it another ip other then what i have assigned (since it keeps trying to), that fixed my dhcp issue i was having, but created another, when i manually entered network settings on xbox it seemed to not work with upnp anymore, nat was strict for no reason, manually forward port 3074, worked fine, then my brother xbox 192.168.1.102 also had open nat through upnp just like he used to (it set up a port forwarding rule for 19059), then next day, even tho i had 3074 manually forwarded (rule was still applied) the router just magically decided to forward 3074 for my brothers xbox aswell and then not give it back to me even tho in the port forwarding tab it showed it being forwarded to both consoles (mine first), so i turn upnp off and connected him to another router with dif ip, (i have 2 dynamic ip's and a switch), but now he moved across the house and the asus 5g network is the best to use for clear signal for gaming, i manually forwarded him 19059 and left upnp off due to previous issues, and it changed nothing, he has moderate nat with or without the forwarded port, if someone can explain why he gets open nat when 19059 is forwarded via upnp but not when via port forwarding, i would love to know why the frack the router acts like this, im thinking of just getting a new d link this is driving me crazy

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52161.0

1. Use DHCP reservation to assign static IP's that are within the DHCP address pool to both XBox's.
2. Turn on UPNP (no manual port forwarding).
3. Configure XBox's to receive IP's via DHCP (no manual assingment in XBox itself).

This is the only configuration I have found that reliably gives open NAT status to more than one XBox simultaneously. It seems that UPNP will only work correctly if IP's are assigned via DHCP from the DHCP address pool. Incidentally, I don't think static IP's are needed, so long as the XBox's receive their IP's via DHCP, UPNP will open and close ports as and when needed, I have static IP's for traffic monitoring purposes.

AFAIK, the accepted wisdom is to manually assign IP's outside of the DHCP range, but since this means IP's are then not assigned via DHCP, UPNP doesn't seem to work correctly.

1. Use DHCP reservation to assign static IP's that are within the DHCP address pool to both XBox's.
2. Turn on UPNP (no manual port forwarding).
3. Configure XBox's to receive IP's via DHCP (no manual assingment in XBox itself).

This is the only configuration I have found that reliably gives open NAT status to more than one XBox simultaneously. It seems that UPNP will only work correctly if IP's are assigned via DHCP from the DHCP address pool. Incidentally, I don't think static IP's are needed, so long as the XBox's receive their IP's via DHCP, UPNP will open and close ports as and when needed, I have static IP's for traffic monitoring purposes.

AFAIK, the accepted wisdom is to manually assign IP's outside of the DHCP range, but since this means IP's are then not assigned via DHCP, UPNP doesn't seem to work correctly.

thank you, this is exactly how i have gotten open nat to work on 2 consol except for my assigned dhcp adress have been outside of dhcp lately to stop any more problems, but they still happen, so i will try going back inside dhcp range soon