What's new

Max 5ghz transfer speed?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

huwwatkins

Occasional Visitor
Hi
I'm connected to my N66u using an intel 5300 wifi card using dual channel 5GHz and the most im getting transferring a file from my server over wifi is around 13MB/s, is this normal? I've seen figures of 25MB/s banded around before?

If I use inssider to look at my network it sais the max link rate is 450Mbps but my link speed fluctuates in the windows network manager from around 270Mbps to 400.

Are there any settings on the router I may have overlooked?

Thanks

13 MB/s is 104 Mbps, which for a single stream is pretty good. What is the distance between client and router. Try moving files in the opposite direction and see what you get. I have generally found uplink throughput higher than downlink.

13 MB/s is 104 Mbps, which for a single stream is pretty good. What is the distance between client and router. Try moving files in the opposite direction and see what you get. I have generally found uplink throughput higher than downlink.

Hi
I am using 3 stream though which why I was wonering...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online