What's new

Media Bridge issue.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KGB7

Very Senior Member
The issue is a bit small, its not a deal breaker but still annoying.

When i set the router (AC68U) in to Media Bridge, the main WiFi Router assigns an IP for the Media bridge and anything thats connected, and i can access GUI of the Media Bridge just fine.

Now if i assign an IP for Media Bridge in "Get LAN IP Automatically? - NO". Then i can no longer access the Media Bridge GUI page, by using the IP that i gave it, even if its same exact IP that the main router assigned it in the first place.

Running firmware .371

Thanks.

Now if i assign an IP for Media Bridge in "Get LAN IP Automatically? - NO". Then i can no longer access the Media Bridge GUI page, by using the IP that i gave it, even if its same exact IP that the main router assigned it in the first place.

Same Problem on my two AC66U.

Try 192.168.1.233 or 192.168.1.1

nvm.

It works fine now by manually assign an IP. 192.168.100.23 works when i try to access media bridge, but it didnt work in the past. Hmmm...

Last edited:
And it no longer works after rebooting the router.

Asus needs to fix this, even devices attached to media bridge won't get an IP.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!