What's new

Merlin port forward issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gnyf

New Around Here
Running Merlin 374.42-2 on a 68U unit.
Have enabled portforwarding.
Defining new port to be forwarded for single port and HAVE hit apply.
After a while the screen refresh but the defined forward is not kept.

What am I doing wrong?

hit the '+' button to add the new rule to the list before you apply

I also have this problem 374.42_3 with UTORRENT , I make the portforward in AC68U and Utorrent , but Utorrent come out was different port number.

Try several MERLIN FW , the result was the same , PORTWFORWARD was not working.

I also have this problem 374.42_3 with UTORRENT , I make the portforward in AC68U and Utorrent , but Utorrent come out was different port number.

Try several MERLIN FW , the result was the same , PORTWFORWARD was not working.

I ended up clearing NVRAM and that solved the issued

I have the same issue. I tried everything. I installed Merlin Firmware:376.47 and dd-wrt after I installed the Asus latest firmware. Shut down all the firewalls, etc. I am trying to set up a foscam camera as a baby monitor. Any port open will do...Any ideas? Please help!

Now I am with Merlin Firmware:376.47 on RT-Ac66U. I added a range of ports but none of them are working..

You might check your NVRAM usage on the Tools page. For some reason, if NVRAM gets full one of the first things to be affected seems to be port forwarding rules.

Thanks john9527, I checked it after reading some threads with similar issues. I've enough NVRAM, I think so...

NVRAM usage = 53367 / 65536 bytes

But... I can't undersand what I have using 53360 bytes. Just the firmware I have...

Thanks john9527, I checked it after reading some threads with similar issues. I've enough NVRAM, I think so...

NVRAM usage = 53367 / 65536 bytes

But... I can't undersand what I have using 53360 bytes. Just the firmware I have...
This is an old thread, and you didn't mention what router and firmware...there are some differences. But in any event, you're not close to running out of NVRAM.

I use the last version of Merlin fw with two Asus N66u. I solved the problem and added all my manual rules but... I don't know how solved... just typing everything by my self instead of pasting from an excell... ;)

Thanks