What's new

MerlinAU MerlinAU v1.2.5 - The Ultimate Firmware Auto-Updater (Now available in AMTM)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I see that now! 🙄 I should have know that you had it covered...

We think of *almost* everything around here ;)
Currently checking into the BACKUPMON stuff, last time it was some missing options from the kernel, but I thought that was handled so I'm starting from zero again.

We think of *almost* everything around here ;)
Currently checking into the BACKUPMON stuff, last time it was some missing options from the kernel, but I thought that was handled so I'm starting from zero again.
That was the conlusion that @Viktor Jaep and @RMerlin came to earlier...

I was the one that originally reported the missing kernel findings to Viktor since he doesn't have a BE router: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...vailable-for-wifi-7-devices.90487/post-913981
He then reported to RMerlin to investigate :)

According to @RMerlin the way to check it now is with:

Code:
zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_CRYPTO_MD4

Which does give me the expected output:

1719635201743.png

It also addresses the original report to Viktor and RMerlin on the missing cifs module.
So must be something else now.

Attachments

• 1719635086395.png
    1719635086395.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 2
If you are trying to make a backup before upgrading to the final release then it will fail - the kernel module was only fixed after the beta 1 release.

If you are trying to make a backup before upgrading to the final release then it will fail - the kernel module was only fixed after the beta 1 release.
I have already successfully upgraded to 3006.106.1 final. Post-upgrade, BACKUPMON still fails to mount my network share — the same share worked with BACKUPMON on prior GT-AX6000 with latest Merlin firmware available at the time.

Let’s hope that @GNUton has the time to rebase and push an update or a release for the GT-BE98 ;)

MerlinAU Version 1.2.5 released.

What's Changed/Fixed?:

BUG FIX:
-As reported by @dorner365 on our Github here: #253
In instances where a user had an AiMesh node paired but offline, it would block MerlinAU from running on the primary router. This has been resolved in commit: c94d0a3

-PR: #254 - Diversion Service Shutdown Updates from 5.2
With a report made to @thelonelycoder some changes were made to how diversion unmounts and shutdowns. This has been updated and factored into MerlinAU, so you can rest assured all Diversion code is safely unloaded at the time of the update.

BUG FIX: -PR: #255 - Fix Checksum Verification
Due to changes to @RMerl s checksum webpage, the Checksum validation could fail, this has been resolved with this PR.

-PR: #256 - Minor code changes
Some small general code improvements and cleanup (Thanks @Martinski4GitHub)!

-PR: #257 - Additional Fixes to get list of F/W file SHA256 signatures
Fixed a bug in the new command expression from PR 255, where the very first SHA256 signature was removed.
Modified command to make it a bit less dependent on possible future HTML formatting changes. (Thanks @Martinski4GitHub)!

As always, we highly recommend you update ASAP as this includes lots of functional improvements and little bug fixes.

Significant screenshots:
(Only change is to wording on the Advanced Menu screen)
1719814566226.png

Last edited: