What's new

Missing AiCloud Functionality

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

radar2000

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone.

I purchased the AC-66U last week and setup the AiCloud function with a USB device. Device is currently running on the latest firmware. Using Windows 7 as my main OS and Chrome as my main browser.

I'm able to access my AiCloud site but I've noticed that I'm missing a bunch of functions, like the toolbar and file menu options.

I've attached a screen capture below and have highlighted the areas that are missing the toolbar / file options.

Any help on fixing this missing functionality would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 2013-02-12 13_24_11-Greenshot.jpg
    2013-02-12 13_24_11-Greenshot.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 928
Hi everyone.

I see that there have been 94 views but with no replies :(

To add some additional information... without those tools / menu options, I can't add/edit/delete any files to my USB key which is attached to the router.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

did you clear nvram before and after the firmware upgrade....had a similar issue with the webUI but after a nvram clear all option all option were there.

did you clear nvram before and after the firmware upgrade....had a similar issue with the webUI but after a nvram clear all option all option were there.

Thanks for your response burtal.

I'm not familiar with this process. Would you mind explaining how this is done?

Cheers!

sorry for the delayed response.

save your settings just in case.....

1.power off the router
2.press and keep pressing WPS button (near lan port 4) while you power on the router.
3. keep pressing the button for about 5-10 sec....you will see the power led blink quickly.
4. release the WPS button and wait as the router reeboots.

there are 2 other ways to do this but i feel this is the easiest .

you should do this steps every time you flash a firmware....is not mandatory but is recommended

sorry for the delayed response.

save your settings just in case.....

1.power off the router
2.press and keep pressing WPS button (near lan port 4) while you power on the router.
3. keep pressing the button for about 5-10 sec....you will see the power led blink quickly.
4. release the WPS button and wait as the router reeboots.

there are 2 other ways to do this but i feel this is the easiest .

you should do this steps every time you flash a firmware....is not mandatory but is recommended

Thanks for the response!

I guess once I flash I should load the latest firmware afterwords?

Cheers!

yes, try the latest build if you dont have it, or reflash it.

go in http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_SettingBackup_Content.asp and give a factory reset

then flash the latest build and after that do the nvram steps

Hi burtal.

I just finished following your instructions, but unfortunately I still have the same issue. The AiCloud screen is still not showing all of the icons/links.

Any other suggestions/recommendations?

Cheers!

then maybe is the browsers fault. try clearing the cache cookies and all that stuff. or switch to another browser....check that the browser allows cookies and pop-ups from that page.

I don't have any other suggestions :) you can ask merlin

Actually i don't use that function yet so im not sure if it works or not.....are you using meriln build or asus ?

Could be an issue similar to what can break the usual management interface. Unplug all network device then reboot your router. See if it works then. Could be one of your device has an invalid hostname, causing the webui Javascript to generate a syntax error (you can open your web browser's error console for more details).

then maybe is the browsers fault. try clearing the cache cookies and all that stuff. or switch to another browser....check that the browser allows cookies and pop-ups from that page.

I don't have any other suggestions :) you can ask merlin

Actually i don't use that function yet so im not sure if it works or not.....are you using meriln build or asus ?

Hey burtal.

I'm currently using the asus build for now and will try the merlin build soon.

Cheers!

Could be an issue similar to what can break the usual management interface. Unplug all network device then reboot your router. See if it works then. Could be one of your device has an invalid hostname, causing the webui Javascript to generate a syntax error (you can open your web browser's error console for more details).

Thanks RMerlin. I'll give that a try and will advise.

Quick question... Is it common to receive a message from Chrome that states "The site's security certificate is not trusted!" when I try to access my https AiCloud site? I also get the same message with IE and Firefox.

Cheers!

Quick question... Is it common to receive a message from Chrome that states "The site's security certificate is not trusted!" when I try to access my https AiCloud site? I also get the same message with IE and Firefox.

Cheers!

That is normal. It means the SSL certificate was not signed by a known certificate entity like Verisign or Entrust. That's normal for embedded devices who use self-signed certificates.

Your connection will still be safely encrypted, it's just that the browser is telling you it cannot confirm without any doubt that the page being displayed really belongs to your router.

Hi RMerlin.

I followed your instructions above by unplugging all network devices and rebooting the router, but unfortunately I'm still having the same issue.

I ran the error console in Chrome, but nothing showed up. I also ran the error console in IE, and here's what I got...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/smb/css/appicon.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-startup-image" href="/smb/css/startup.png">
<title>AiCloud</title>
<link rel='stylesheet' id='mainCss' href='/smb/css/style-metro.css' type='text/css'/>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/smb/js/tools.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/smb/js/davclient_tools.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='/smb/js/smbdav-main.min.js'></script>
</head>
<body></body>

---------------

Here's Firefox using Firebug

var TOOLS_PATH = '/smb/js/';
var CSS_PATH = '/smb/css/';
document.write('<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'+CSS_PATH+'jqmWindow.css"/>');
document.write('<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'+CSS_PATH+'barousel.css"/>');
document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="'+TOOLS_PATH+'jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>');
document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="'+TOOLS_PATH+'jquery.cookie.js"></script>');
document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="'+TOOLS_PATH+'jquery.fileDownload.js"></script>');
document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="'+TOOLS_PATH+'smbdav-tools.min.js"></script>');

-----------------

Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Cheers!

Last edited:
That is normal. It means the SSL certificate was not signed by a known certificate entity like Verisign or Entrust. That's normal for embedded devices who use self-signed certificates.

Your connection will still be safely encrypted, it's just that the browser is telling you it cannot confirm without any doubt that the page being displayed really belongs to your router.

Is there any chance to avoid that certificate error? When sharing a file with colleagues it won't really inspire confidence if they are advised not to trust my site as it could possibly be a frauded page when trying to download the shared file... :eek:

Ciao
Gerald

Is there any chance to avoid that certificate error? When sharing a file with colleagues it won't really inspire confidence if they are advised not to trust my site as it could possibly be a frauded page when trying to download the shared file... :eek:

Ciao
Gerald

If you are willing to pay 150$/year to have a valid certificate from Entrust, and you can have a hostname within a domain that you own and not your ISP's, sure. :)

Hi everyone.

I purchased the AC-66U last week and setup the AiCloud function with a USB device. Device is currently running on the latest firmware. Using Windows 7 as my main OS and Chrome as my main browser.

I'm able to access my AiCloud site but I've noticed that I'm missing a bunch of functions, like the toolbar and file menu options.

I've attached a screen capture below and have highlighted the areas that are missing the toolbar / file options.

Any help on fixing this missing functionality would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Sorry if I am asking an obvious thing but did you actually do what the welcome screen tells you to do: "Please select a device from the device list on the left to start using AiCloud"?
Because what I remember from using AiCloud (don't use it anymore) the file options appear when you select a device and than a folder which allows certain file operations.
And what I gather from the picture you posted is that your device - RT-AC66U has not been selected (clicked on) yet...