What's new

MyBookLive speed issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GoNz0

Very Senior Member
I have a strange problem, on my laptop with the intel av7260 card I can transfer files around 30mb/s to my main NAS & PC, My PC in turn can transfer at the same speeds to my 3tb WD live via gb ethernet.

But the laptop can only transfer at 10mb/s to the same mybook.

I am stumped as I can get the transfer speeds to other devices on the same network, and the other devices transfer to the mybook at the expected speed?

help!:confused:

Need some more info:

Are there two laptops and one desktop?

Which router and firmware are you running?

How far is the laptop from the router? What obstructions between them?

Have you tried testing with the laptop plugged in (it may be a power saving issue on battery)?

If you can answer these questions as a start (more info always welcome), you may get a faster and/or better answer.

the laptops 8 feet from my ac68u running merlins 374.40_beta3 connected at the full 866mb/s direct line of sight.

The 68u is in AP mode connected via lan cable to my 66u running 374.40 (merlins)

the 66u is the main router and that is attached direct to the WD Nas and the main PC.

from the laptop I can send files to the pc around 50mb/s and 15mb/s to the NAS.

the PC can send files around 30mb/s to the NAS.

If I remove the 68u and connect direct to the 66u with my laptop its the same story.

Laptops a brand new dell XPS i7 SSD but doesn't have a RJ45 and running on performance mode with AC power, latest intel drivers etc.

If I'm understanding this correctly, it should be as expected.

The PC is wired and doesn't have to deal with the overhead of wireless transmission.

The laptop connected wirelessly to either router will have much higher overhead.

Are you testing the same set of files between these systems?

Is the PC also SSD based and are you sending the files to that drive? (I am guessing it is and you are).

Which NAS do you have?

The latest Intel drivers are not helpful... which one specifically and are they at defaults?

the pc i am sending to (both the same 2mtr cable) is to a 1tb samsung sata2 platter drive

the other nas is a 10 year old thecus n5200 in raid5
i also have a usb3 drive on the ac68u.

it matters not on the pc if its the 1tb or 2tb platter drive or the SSD's i get the same 50mb/s speed, even the usb3 3tb drives getting 30mb/s (connected to either asus at both ends of the chain via the laptop) its just this 3tb network drive i picked up to replace the dodgy usb3 drive (the 68u refuses to mount unless i replug the usb cable)

Just a small update, using FTP the speed nearly doubles.

windows 8.1 at fault i guess.