What's new

N56U Xbox and Boxee Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carnagerover

Hi all,

I have my 360'connected to the N56U via a Cat5e cable and although my internet doesnt go down my 360s disconnects after say 20-30 minutes. I pass all the connection tests and I can always sign straight back in but this is becoming a real pain now. I am currently on the 1.0.1.7C firmware, anything over 1.0.1.7F will make the older of my two boxee boxes no longer able to connect to the Internet no matter what I do.

Not sure what I can do with this, it didn't disconnect on the xbox when it was set to wireless but since wiring it does. Nothing else,on the network that is wired disconnects and it is a new cat5e cable.

Would the way I have my network configured cause my Xbox a problem. I have a rj45 terminal with a cat5e patch cable to my N56U. Then a outdoor Cat5e goes outside and into my bedroom straight into my Netgear Prosafe 5 port gigabit switch. Into that switch goes my Xbox 360, Pc and Boxee Box.

Would this be a problem?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!