What's new

NAS drive or Seagate Wireless drive for travelling ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

the_chang

Occasional Visitor
I already have a Synology NAS Drive but am thinking of getting a Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB drive.

The reason i want a wireless drive is because i am going travelling for a few months and would like to store movies/music which is larger than 32GB i have on my iPad 4th Gen.

I need something that i can stream whilst on planes/trains/buses or in hotel rooms which sometimes might not have internet access.

The Seagate wireless seems like a no-brainer for my needs but didn't know any other options that i would have. I dont mind spending £100 for the seagate.

I already have a Synology NAS Drive but am thinking of getting a Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB drive.

The reason i want a wireless drive is because i am going travelling for a few months and would like to store movies/music which is larger than 32GB i have on my iPad 4th Gen.

I need something that i can stream whilst on planes/trains/buses or in hotel rooms which sometimes might not have internet access.

The Seagate wireless seems like a no-brainer for my needs but didn't know any other options that i would have. I dont mind spending £100 for the seagate.
I'd avoid Seagate. They seem to have monetized the heck out of all end-user products (other than bare drives).
Unlike Android tablets, the iPad is closed/locked down. Hard to do anything other than web surfing and email on it. I have one and couldn't find a way to copy 4GB of photos on to it from a flash drive. To be able to look at photos when no WiFi available. iPAD has USB but it's dumbed down to nothing by the tablet's OS.

So #1 on your list is storage with WiFi and with Bon Jour and DLNA or whatever Apple insists on.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!