What's new

Need a repeater that will pass through IPv6 traffic

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

someperson

Occasional Visitor
I currently have two ASUS RT-AC68Us on my network, one of which is set up in repeater mode, and I am going to return it imminently since it seems to be unable to pass through IPv6 traffic. Devices get IPv6 addresses through the repeater, but are unable to reach anything. What should I buy instead?

How impractical can it be, have you looked into powerline products?
There is the Netgears EX7000, 7300, 7500, 8000 Nighthawk X series also.

Last edited:
How impractical can it be, have you looked into powerline products?
There is the Netgears EX7000, 7300, 7500, 8000 Nighthawk X series also.
I live in a rented house, and the landlord would not give me permission to run Ethernet through the walls. I did try powerline, but was not satisfied with the performance. I tried the TP-Link TL-PA9020 kit, and only got about 150 Mbps connecting to my NAS through it. Whether this was due to old wiring (pre-1975), the need to jump across circuits, or both, I do not know. In any case, the repeater I am using right now works much better, except for its lack of IPv6. I will definitely look into the Netgear products you mentioned, so thanks for that!