What's new

Need advice for newbie on wireless router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thomas Lockard

New Around Here
im in need of a good router I have Comcast xb3 gateway looking for improved performance especially when in use in back yard have blast tier of access 150 down
10 up units used are 2 iPhones 6s plus an iPad couple laptops tv xbox360 printer and thinking about my external drive as well for my music please help with advice and thanks for reading

Se necesita mucha mas informacion.

ISP-supplied routers are usually sufficient for routing purposes. Are your problems related to your WAN or LAN limitations? I'd assume the prior.

Limitations are not in house they are noticeable in back yard gateway is setup to separate the two bands from Comcast so iPhones and 1 of the computers use the 5 ghz band the printer iPad printer Xbox 360 PS3 tv etc use 2.4 ghz band don't use all at the same time mind you coverage to back yard with wifi seems very short distance to me the gateway is located upstairs hardly go 30 ft in back yard with spotty coverage there are others homes around with wifi but they are on different channels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand there may be limitations to 5ghz band but 2.4 ghz I hear from manufacturers and reviews that people are getting 200 feet through 3 walls like in the rs7800 netgear review that i just watched on cnet also talked to asus about their products as well i will probably at some point uograde my ipad and game consoles as well
Thanks again for the replies

Forgot to mention i use it to stream music and video (youtube comcast to go and fios to go) to ipad and iphones