What's new

Need help with Backyard WIFI setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hammmerhead

New Around Here
Hello friends. I have a 3500sq ft home that is on top of a small ridge and have a pool house that is roughly 100 yards down in a small valley. The entire property is roughly 1 acre.
I have been scouring info on AP's and Extenders from all brands like what Amped offers and Ubiquiti and Engenious as well. The Kicker is I just have a Lan source at the very end of my home which is my office, but it is located on the back of the home and I could transmit from outside there. I could set up a High power AP that would have to transmit 100+ yards down to the pool area...trees inbetween are involved too. Im guessing I will need another device to comumicate with the kiddo's ipads and iphones due to the far range.
I also have a Gazebo halfway down to the pool area that has 110 power to it, but would have to involve an extender instead of an AP as I have no Lan there. And On top of that, the Gazebo may be too far to comunicate with my wireless router in my office.

I could do a non wireless Router and a Mega AP that would support the House and rest of the property or start breaking down multiple devices.

I just dont know which direction is best. Figured you guys here would know exactly which way to go.
Thx!!!!