What's new

Need replacement wifi antenna

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Scoobert

New Around Here
I f'd up and pulled my router of the shelf when I snagged the wires. I have since fixed the wires so this cant be repeated but now I need replacement antennas for my Asus AC68U.

Wouldn't mind a little more range but I know buying 1568db gain antenna's is not going to let me get better signal in the next room.

Should I just try to find some asus ones on ebay or is there another brand that will work well?

Thanks Guys

1568db - typo?
Common WiFi router/AP antenna is about 2dBi of gain. To make a significant improvement, you need more than 6dB of gain - and in an omni-directional antenna, gain means size - like a 9dBi is some 30 inches or so.
Buy a generic replacement antenna. Most branded ones have a 1000% markup. These antennas cost $1.50 to manufacture - just plastic/rubber and wire, and a 35 cent RP-SMA connector.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!