What's new

Need to Reboot daily RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TriV

New Around Here
I am currently using the RT-AC68U router with the latest Merlin Fork firmware. My d/l speeds are around 65 mbps usually but I need to reboot at least once a day to see these speeds. The speed goes down to 5-10 mbps and that is when I reboot the router.

For the 2.4 GHz frequency, I'm currently on the 20hz bandwidth and channel 11 because of congestion. I use inSSIDer to check out which channels are the best.

Anyways, does anyone know why I have to keep on rebooting everyday? Is there a setting or something I can change?

Thanks

Last edited:
That happened recently, to a buddy of mine. After lots of troubleshooting, it turned out to be a splitter and a bad cable. We took those out and the problem went away. Probably too much attenuation in his coax, going to his modem. It caused his router to do weird things. The router in use was RT-AC68U with latest Merlin firmware.

I ended up calling the ISP after a while and apparently they had to send some 'updates' to the router and since then it has been working fine.