What's new

Need wireless webcam with built-in web server...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

htismaqe

Very Senior Member
I don't want anything super-elaborate or expensive.

I want to embed a live video feed of one of my aquariums into a webpage using a wireless webcam. I plan on setting it up in my DMZ so a built-in webserver with HTTPS support would be a plus I think.

I don't really know much if anything about them.

If you are still looking I just grabbed a D-Link DCS-930L for $59 on newegg after reading the review.
Can you get 2 to work with the server software for remote viewing?

I would like to put 2 in my house for viewing while I am at work.
Too bad this camera doesn't have a pan version.

ps thanks big time for the review

Last edited:
I haven't purchased anything yet.

I was planning on front-ending mine using the webserver built into my NAS...

I have some Airlink 101 IP cameras. Great deal.
Just got a $99 Panasonic IP cam (at Fry's). It is better than all the cheap junk branded D-Link, Trendnet, etc.

The Axis are pro-quality and really good. But $$$.

An issue I have with all these is that to view motion video, most require the viewer to accept an ActiveX plug-in from the camera or a website. A one-time exclusion on blocked ActiveX is OK in firefox/IE. I think some have a Java Applet (not Java script), and that's arguably as bad/worse. I guess we have to deal with this until the next HTML version gives us browsers with built-in/standardized streaming audio/video.

Last edited: