What's new

need wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tw3akUrb0x

New Around Here
I have two roommates and I stream media all the time. Also play games.
I want to have both storage attached to router and printer. I'm looking at the asus 66... ? open to suggestions.

storage attached to router will be slow, but if every client is connecting via wifi it probably won't be a huge issue. Check Tim's review of the N66U. You can also look at the Netgear WNDR4500. Since Tim's review Netgear improved NTFS performance.

At this time the WNDR4500 has no signs of 3rd party firmware in the works. Thats not good, but I like the 4500.

in over my head

according to "tim" in his review he states that more than we need??? I have a regular cable speed connection, I want to connect 3 maybe 4 computers to the router and be able to backup my machines images to external storage, I also have both a photo printer and regular printer I would like all machines to access through the wireless network, sometimes we play online games , I watch netflix and other online movie and series ... thanks for advice.. like anyone I don't wish to spend more than I need.

oh yeah, in the future maybe add a few network cameras and one additional machine for security of the home

Last edited: