What's new

NETGEAR DGND3300 General questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pdes

Occasional Visitor
I love this router - it's the only one I have ever had that is stable!! I have a couple of config questions.

1) Why, when I look at the Attached Devices list do I not see all the wireless devices connected? If I refresh, the list changes and others drop off but reappear when refreshed further. If I go to the access list, I can see them there!

2) What's the point of the guest network feature? To my mind, guest access should, at the very least, time out. This just looks like a way of circumventing the access list and would need access to the router and a change to the security code or SSID to revoke the guest access. Am I looking at this the wron way? Am I missing something? We often have friends and family that I would like to give temporary access to the internet to but to have to go into the router config eveytime is nonsense.

3) I am using the access list. Is there anyway of allowing users to access the local network (for media etc.) but to restrict internet access?

Thanks

1) Why, when I look at the Attached Devices list do I not see all the wireless devices connected? If I refresh, the list changes and others drop off but reappear when refreshed further. If I go to the access list, I can see them there!
I've seen this on my WND3700. It's just the way the code works.

2) What's the point of the guest network feature? To my mind, guest access should, at the very least, time out. This just looks like a way of circumventing the access list and would need access to the router and a change to the security code or SSID to revoke the guest access. Am I looking at this the wron way? Am I missing something? We often have friends and family that I would like to give temporary access to the internet to but to have to go into the router config eveytime is nonsense.
Once you enable Guest access, it's always on. You can enable security and require a password to access to control access. If you're just allowing friends and family to use Guest access, why are you worried about timing out the access?

3) I am using the access list. Is there anyway of allowing users to access the local network (for media etc.) but to restrict internet access?
Use the Block Services function for this.